cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator EX will not work

tdenbrock
Apprentice

I have tried everything  but MP Navigator EX still it will not start. All I get is Box that says:

Cannot start MP Navigator EX. Check the following point.

1. The supported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model listed.  Cannon MX880 series

When product model is not listed install correspondent MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX

2. MP driver/scanner driver which supports your product model is installed

3. Your model product is connected to PC properly and the power is ON, if there is a power supply

4. Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB..

Hi have WIFI just to let you know.

I have done verything in the Web but still it won't work.. Can someone please help 

I have Windows 7/ 64 bit

14 REPLIES 14

Ramona
Authority

Hi tdenbrock,

If you have any antivirus or firewall programs on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then try to launch MP Navigator again.  If you still have difficulty opening MP Navigator, we can remove a file/icon on your computer named "My Websites on MSN" to see if this will resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click 'Start' and then 'Computer'.

2.  On the left-hand pane, click the down arrow beside Local Disk C: .

3.  Click the down arrow beside Users to open the folder.

4.  Click the down arrow beside your username (for example Joe).

5.  Click the down arrow beside the AppData (Application Data) folder.

6.  Click the down arrow beside Roaming.

7.  Click the down arrow beside Microsoft.

8.  Click the down arrow beside the Windows folder.

9.  Click the down arrow beside Network Shortcuts folder.

10.  Locate an icon named My Web Sites on MSN.

11.  Right-click on My Web Sites on MSN and select 'Delete'.

After performing the steps above, please try to open MP Navigator again.  If you still receive the same error after removing the file, or if the file does not exist, we can try to temporarily remove files from a folder called TWAIN 32 that may be causing a conflict with the MP Navigator program to try and resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.   Go to Computer / My Computer and locate the C: drive, then double-click on it to open.

2.   Locate the WINDOWS folder, then double-click to open it.

3.   Locate the TWAIN_32 folder, then double-click to open it.

4.   Inside of the TWAIN_32 folder, you will see a folder for your PIXMA MX880 series printer as well as a WIATWAIN.DS file.  If there are other files in that folder, you will want to move them to another location, preferably your Desktop by doing the following:

4-1.  Click on each of the other items in the folder other than the the WIATWAIN.DS file and PIXMA MX880 series folder to select them.  You will want to hold the the CTRL key on your keyboard while selecting each of the items until all of the items except for the two referenced above are selected.  Please be sure to leave the WIATWAIN.DS file and PIXMA MX880 series folder inside of the TWAIN_32 folder.

4-2.  With all of the items you want to move selected, please go to the EDIT menu and select the CUT option.

4-3.  Go to your Desktop (main window that comes up when you start Windows with all of the icons on it) and right-click your mouse in any blank area, then choose the PASTE option.  The items you selected from the TWAIN_32 folder should appear on the Desktop.

5.    Try to launch and scan using MP Navigator again.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am getting the same error as reported.  I've been using this printer and MP Navigator EX 5.1 for a year with no problems till today.  This is the same computer with Windows 7 64 bit.  I followed the listed instructions without success.  I've reinstalled the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled MP Navigator EX 5.1.  Hope you can find a solution soon.  I use this scanner almost daily.

If it matters, this is a Cannon MX-892 All-in-One printer.

I know this is a bit old now but I spent a bit of time trying to get this program to work after it just randomly stopped working one day.

Tried uninstall, reinstall, did everything bar reformat the computer to get it working again (wouldn't even work via USB even though I use the network for printing with no problems at all).

Turns out - just right click on MP Navigator and select "run as administrator" and it works fine again! hallelujah

If you're not aware you can avoid doing that every time by going down to properties, selecting the compatibility tab and ticking 'always run this as administrator' down the bottom.

Adelkinawy
Apprentice

@tdenbrock wrote:

I have tried everything  but MP Navigator EX still it will not start. All I get is Box that says:

Cannot start MP Navigator EX. Check the following point.

1. The supported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model listed.  Cannon MX880 series

When product model is not listed install correspondent MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX

2. MP driver/scanner driver which supports your product model is installed

3. Your model product is connected to PC properly and the power is ON, if there is a power supply

4. Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB..

Hi have WIFI just to let you know.

I have done verything in the Web but still it won't work.. Can someone please help 

I have Windows 7/ 64 bit

Hi Adelkinawy,

What is the model number of the Canon multifunction printer that you own?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't know what her model is, but I'm using the CanoScan LiDE 200 with a Windows 10 64-bit OS. I am having the same issue and have removed the MSN folder; however, the TWAIN_32 folder looks completely different, likely because I have a different model scanner. Could you let me know the instructions to try to get it working? I also tried turning off the Firewall but no luck. 

Also, is there any way just to update the basic Canon scanner menu to allow multiple page and PDF scanning rather than having to download additional software like MP Navigator? 

Thanks! 

I'm having the same exact problem. I have a Pixma MX32o which is supposed to be supported by the application.

I am having the same problem, Navigator won't start.

I have latest drivers and software. Windows 10, Canoscan 9000F MarkII

HELP!

Announcements