cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator EX will not work

tdenbrock
Apprentice

I have tried everything  but MP Navigator EX still it will not start. All I get is Box that says:

Cannot start MP Navigator EX. Check the following point.

1. The supported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model listed.  Cannon MX880 series

When product model is not listed install correspondent MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX

2. MP driver/scanner driver which supports your product model is installed

3. Your model product is connected to PC properly and the power is ON, if there is a power supply

4. Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB..

Hi have WIFI just to let you know.

I have done verything in the Web but still it won't work.. Can someone please help 

I have Windows 7/ 64 bit

14 REPLIES 14

rh1
Apprentice

I found a fix for my MP Navigator EX not opening and giving error message.  I installed the printer software on my new Windows 10 computer and when I tried to open Navigator I get error message.  I was trying to use it through wifi connection.  I tried many sugestions on the internet and nothing worked.  

To fix my problem I connected my printer to my computer USB port and the Navigator opened.  I then disconnected the USB and tried opening Navigator through wifi and it worked.  Apparently you have to initially open Navigator through USB connection before it will work with wifi connection.  Hope this helps.

cbspaulding
Apprentice

i installed windows 10 on new computer. Also installed my Canon MX 890. Everything worked fine.

Today, got around to re-installing the MP navigator, which i've used for years on my windows 7 desktop

Navigator wouldn't open.

SOLUTION:  after trying lots of different things, this worked:

i uninstalled the printer and re-installed using the driver from Canon site. and now everything  is good.

I must have installed the printer with a Windows 10 driver, which made the scanner software not work

This worked for me too, thank you for sharing!  I uninstalled the printer.  I downloaded the Driver that was not for Windows 10. Downloaded the MP Naviagtor EX again and it worked!

Most of you will probably not be able to make MP Navigator EX ever work, without some nearly impossible technical girations, as above.  But you can make your Canon scanner work without it, fairly easily.  Forget MP Navigator EX.  I use an older version of Adobe Photoshop, in the CS5 suite.  With only the standard pre-Windows 10 Canon driver for my CanoScan 8800F installed, and with the scanner turned on and connected to a USB port on my computer,:

1. Under the File tab, click on Import .

2, In the drop down window, click on the WIA support... choice.

3. Another window comes up showing your active scanner as the acquisition device, and you can click on a Scan   button.  Do so.

4. The image loads in the Photoshop work space and it can be modified/cropped/edited/saved/exported in the usual way.

All of this is with no thanks to those great folks, toiling away tirelessly, trying so hard to make their hardware and software obsolete, iincompatible, and impossible for us to use...as rapidly as possible.  We are forced to waste and throw away thousands of tons of fine, fully functional hardware and software every year, unnecesssarily in many cases.  I'm a resister. 

Yes, the original pre-Windoews 10 driver for the scanner works fine within Windows 10, without trying to figure ojut how to set it up in "compatible" mode or anything else.

stormysbest
Apprentice

WIndows 10.  Canon Pixma MG5220  Was able to connect printer/scanner to wifi prior, but having trouble connecting to computer. 

Husband (IT guy) helped me with this.   He added the printer by clicking windows button lower left corner, settings, devices, add printer (even though I'd downloaded the driver from the driver page and the printer was listed, he selected add printer or scanner.) For some reason the printer is named Canon MG5200 series WS.  Add that printer.  Then go to the website to download the driver.  However, at this point, you want to click on the tab labeled "Software."  Scroll to the bottom and select MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.03 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP).  Download and install this.  Choose to have a desktop shortcut to make it easier to find on your computer.  Once installed, double click on the shortcut.  You should now be able to scan from this program/app.   If your doc is more than one page, when prompted, change your page in the scanner, then click scan.  Be sure to select all the images you've scanned and click "Save to PDF."   

Hoping this helps someone else.  

Announcements