cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDE 700F/MG3000 greens turn out blue

Augustynka
Apprentice

Hello,
I'm using said scanner for quite some time (few years) and recently I ran into trouble scanning greenish drawings.

Colours doesn't match the originals, they're way more blue. These are beyond repair in Photoshop.

Example, first you can see picture right after scanning, on another there's photo with actual colours:

Scyther - scanScyther - photo

But not all green drawings, this one was scanned with right colours from the beginning:
Rayquaza scanRayquaza photo

[Windows 10, 64bit ; LiDE 700F Scanner Driver Ver. 14.0.8a]

Is something wrong with my scanner, is it possible to fix it?
I just made another drawing using same inks and scanning didn't go well either...

EDIT:
I've just checked the same drawing on another scanner at home - MG3000 and I got the very same results...

4 REPLIES 4

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi Augustynka,

With the information provided, I recommend performing the following troubleshooting steps:

Press the 'Windows Icon key' and the 'E' key simultaneously.

The FILE EXPLORER window will open.

Locate and click on '(C:\)Local Disk'.

Double-click on the WINDOWS folder.

Locate and double-click on the TWAIN_32 folder. (If you see TWAIN_32.dll you have gone too far.)

If it contains more than a variation of the following files move the extra files to the desktop of the computer:

SG20

MG3000

CanoScan LiDe 700F

wiatwain.ds

Close all the windows.

Next, restart the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) and check the Dependencies

Press the 'Windows Icon key' and the 'R' key simultaneously.

The RUN window will open.

In the RUN window, type 'services.msc' (without the quotation marks), press OK.

The SERVICES window will open.

Locate and double-click on 'Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

The WIA window will open.

Left-click on 'Stop'.

Left-click on the 'Dependencies' tab

Confirm that 'Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is listed in the first box'.

Press OK.

Close all windows.

Restart the computer.

Attempt the scan again.

I checked the said folder:

K742DVp.png
But there weren't any additional copies of said files (I have hidden folders set to be shown, so there just aren't any).

I did stop the said process, the RPC was listed (I hope you don't mind my Polish system, the acronyms are the same).

Uo2WviC.png

I restarted the system. It didn't help though :c
Scan looks exactly like on the very first attached file:

BQFDQVk.png

Hi Augustynka,

After further investigation, the best option would be working with the color programs within scan gear. The concern has to do with how the light bounces off of the image when scanning where the lighter more translucent image is appearing bluer and the second image has a denser green. Allowing the scan to be successful.

Except this isn't really an option.
Since I can't mask which colours should be affected and which shouldn't (like adjusting greens affects yellows as well, etc. Because it takes WHOLE work under consideration).

Besides, I already tried (which I stated in the first post) and effects were poor - from unified, flat mess you can't get right different shades that were used.

Announcements