cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDE 400 --> Scan once, but makes two copies

Warped5
Apprentice

Greets

I'm not entirely new to scanning, but this is driving me crazy.

I went through the IJ Scan Utility and saved my settings for scanning photos.  Everything works well enough, but it saves two copies of each photo to the hard drive directory.

I'm thinking that it's something obvious I'm overlooking.

TIA

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi Warped5.

Are you scanning through the ScanGear interface, or are you scanning through a second program (such as My Image Garden)?

If scanning through the ScanGear interface, one copy of each selected area will be created for each time you click on the Scan button in the window.

If you're scanning in a way that My Image Garden (or your chosen software) opens automatically after pressing the scanner buttons or the IJ Scan Utility buttons, then by the time the program is displaying the output, the image or document file has already been saved to your computer.  Clicking "Save" in that software is redundant, and creates the second copy of the scanned information.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Darius -

Thank you for responding!

I've been trying the IJ Scan Utility (I'm from the 'simpler is better' crowd).

Today I did:

- Uninstalled the software (everything)

- Reinstalled the software

Now I do not have the problem!

I will go investigate ScanGear, though .... 🙂

Cheers

Ted

Announcements