cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDE 220 Scanner Buttons Don't Work

colininthenorth
Apprentice

Hello, 

I am trying to operate my new Canon scanner LiDE 220 with my mac. I am having difficulties getting the buttons on the scanner to work. Has anybody else had this issue? 

I have reinstalled the software and reset the settings, but still not working. Advice?

Thanks, colininthenorth

13 REPLIES 13

CharlesRHoffman,

Scanning by the operation panel may not be performed when the computer is recovered from the Sleep mode or the Standby status.  Please dsconnect your scanner and reboot your computer.  When the computer restarts, please reconnect the scanner and attempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Rebooting the PC worked. 

• But this is not a viable solution as my PC at a minimum goes into Sleep mode every night.  And often during the day when not in constant use.
  • In addition, the Scan-Finish button only works to complete the actions of the Scan-PDF button.   To scan a single page where a PDF is desired requires two buttons to be pressed.  This is also sub-optimal.

I like the image, but the interface on the machine is not quite as good as on my older CanoScan N670U.

I have the same problem. PC using windows 10. Buttons used to work but now I get a error message saying 'function not supported on this model'.

I can scan by opening the  quick menu and choosing document scan, but cannot scan to printer.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the IJ Utility- buttons still do not work!

Hi colininthenorth,

Due to a change in the speicifcation of macOS v10.12, initiating a scan by using the scanner buttons is not supported.  To scan with your CanoScan LiDE 220, please use the IJ Scan Utility on your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements