cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDE 220 Scanner Buttons Don't Work

colininthenorth
Apprentice

Hello, 

I am trying to operate my new Canon scanner LiDE 220 with my mac. I am having difficulties getting the buttons on the scanner to work. Has anybody else had this issue? 

I have reinstalled the software and reset the settings, but still not working. Advice?

Thanks, colininthenorth

13 REPLIES 13

Jason
Whiz

Hi, colininthenorth!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the version of Mac you are using (ex. 10.10, 10.11, etc).

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

I'm using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Vjamora
Apprentice

Same problem, although I've had this scanner for over a year, and the buttons *used* to work.  Even so, it was a bit twitchy and now and then they would just stop.  Sometimes I could get them to work if I rebooted, but that hasn't worked for a while now.  Back to clicking with the mouse 😞

I'm running Mac High Sierra 10.13.2

Reasting
Apprentice

I'm am experiencing the same problem

Hello.

Are you able to scan from the IJ Scan Utility program directly on your computer?  If any errors occur, what exact errors appear?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

colininthenorth
Apprentice
Hi, yes that works. The buttons directly on the scanner do not work though. Did you have any other advice for that?

Hi colininthenorth,

What operating system are you using, Windows or Mac OS X?  What version are you using?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

colininthenorth
Apprentice
Hi Patrick, as mentioned above, I’m running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build17134.228, installed 5/26/2018
Just bought the LiDE 220,  
Canon ScanUtil works to scan PDF and images
Used its settings to set the preference for the buttons.

No buttons work.  No error messages, no pop-ups in Windows, nothing.

Announcements