cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a site to find printers that use a specific ink cartridge?

andspradlin
Apprentice

I currently own a Canon MP640R printer that I LOVE, unfortunately, it is done for and I just purchased a ton of cartridges for it.  Is there a site where I can see what other printers take the same cartridges?  I have decided that of all the printers that I have had, I really like the durability of the canon and would like to purchase another one, but don't see letting all these cartridges go to waste.

Thanks,

Donna

Donna L Spradlin
2 REPLIES 2

jfo
Rising Star

Welcome andspradin!

Another person had a very similar question to you a while back.  The trick I've found is that if you go to Canon's online store and look up the ink cartridge, it will list the compatible printers.

Hope that helps!

mediatrek
Contributor

Sadly the successor to the MP640 is the MG6120, then the MG6220 which use a newer generation of ink cartridges. The MG6320 coming out at the end of this month uses yet another newer generation of cartridges.

I keep at least 2-3 extra of each of my Canon's inks on hand. I have the MP990 (6-inks) which uses some of the inks the MP640 has. I just upgraded to the MG8220 for the added features recently. I have at least $200 of Canon Genuine ink cartridges for my MP990 left. It looks like I am going to have to lose $$ and sell them off on eBay. You may have to do the same.

Announcements