cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink bottle disposal? Dismayed I cannot recycle! Refill?

T_H_M
Contributor

I switched from HP to Canon because of the ability to refill tanks rather than buy cartridges. I saw this as a way to reduce my enviormental impact, but it seems I was short-sighted in my evaluation. I suddenly have these sturdy bottles with a scant bit of ink left in them which I must toss in the trash! I wish there were a way to send them back for refilling .... something! If anyone knows of a company which refill or recycles these, I would love to know about it. Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

oycart
Apprentice

It would be great if Canon had a program to return empty bottles to them.  Like you, I didn't do quite enough research and thought I would be reducing my environmental impact also.  Amazon shows a little green icon next to it indicating some kind of ecological pledge or some such BS.

Anyway, yeah, Canon, if you actually read the postings on this forum, PLEASE start some kind of recycle program for the Pixma ink bottles.  Those things are going to around for thousands of years in the landfill!!

This is still a good question. I just got a Canon printer and feel like I should be able to do something with these bottles; but the guidance seems to not be to wash them out, and they have no recycling logo on them. Canon has a big recycling program for ink cartridges and toner cartridges, but not bottles.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Can to take them to one of the box stores as Staples, get credit for them on a trade for new ink cartridges?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

These are not cartridges. These are heavy duty bottles that could be reused if Canon had such a program, but to our great dismay, it does not.

Hardin56
Contributor

@T_H_M wrote:

I switched from HP to Canon because of the ability to refill tanks rather than buy cartridges. I saw this as a way to reduce my enviormental impact, but it seems I was short-sighted in my evaluation. I suddenly have these sturdy bottles with a scant bit of ink left in them which I must toss in the trash! I wish there were a way to send them back for refilling .... something! If anyone knows of a company which refill or recycles these, I would love to know about it. Thanks.

so sorry but i m not sure about that.

katrax
Apprentice

I feel the same as THM and am disappointed these plastic bottles cannot be recycled. Had I known I might have bought something else. 

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Does the bottle have the recycle triangle on the bottom? If so, it can be recycled. If not, you are outta luck.

John

The point of the post is that these CANNOT be recycled. Best option would be if Canon allowed for their return and reuse.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

You say it can't be recycled but never said if the triangle isn't present on the bottle.

Our local recycling center says they will take any plastic except car bumpers. Check with your recycling center.

John
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements