cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatible device detected printer mg6222

durkinjt
Apprentice

I am receiving the error message "incompatible device detected can go no further after the message.

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi durkinjt!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using and where you see the error message. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Thanks!

joemarlin
Apprentice

I have same problem on MP 600.  Disconnected power to printer and it cleared once.  Message came back and will not go off.

GT_Mills
Apprentice

I FOUND AN ANSWER!!!  I read dozens of internet forums with many of these issues on several different types of Canon printers and guess what?  NO ONE HAD AN ANSWER!  Virtually every single person who asked how to fix this error code hit a brick wall.  After trying every known fix listed on every forum I could find, with the printer disconnected from the PC, I plugged in a Canon Powershot SX130 directly to the front USB printer in port for direct printing, and cycled the camera on and off several times, and finally the error code cleared!!!  I plugged it back into the PC, it worked, then it didn't.  So I unplugged it from the PC, turned it on and off, plugged in the camera and turned it on and off, the printer cleared.  Then I uninstalled the printer completely from teh PC, and reinstalled it, did a reboot, and it seems to be OK now.  

Announcements