cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Need of Help and Guidance

tazzi
Apprentice

Hello There!

This is my first time posting in these forums, just a tad confused and not quite sure if this is the correct catagory for my issue but this seems to be the closet. I've read through quite a few of the previous posts and haven't found any relating to my problem so I sure hope you can help.

I inherited a CanoScan LIDE 50 (F915900) with no software. I was trying to install it on my computer but found I couldn't. The software that came with this scanner is for windows XP and before. I am running windows 7 premium.

I've tried Canons website to locate an update for the software but found none and I even called but was informed by a recording that this model was no longer supported.

So my question is, is there updated drivers and software out there for this scanner? If so can someone please direct me to them.

I thank you in advance for all your time and attention in this matter. Peace to you and yours....

tazzi

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Tazzi!

You'll find drivers and software for your CanoScan LiDE 50 right HERE.  This is indeed an older model which came out in 2003.  Software support for it ended in 2009, so software for current operating systems will most likely not be available.  You might be able to try the software for the most recent supported version of your OS, though we're unable to guarantee compatibility beyond that specific version.

We hope this helps!

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

If you haven't done so already, you might try installing your software to run in Windows Compatibility Mode. It doesn't work all the time but it's worth a try.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316-compatibility-mode.html

Maybe I was just lucky but when I upgraded to Win7 a few years ago I was able to get a couple older pieces of software to run in WinXP Compatibility Mode.

Announcements