cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get canvas paper to print

Itsallaboutp
Enthusiast
I've tried pushing it in from the rear but I still get the light to resume printing. It just won't work.
5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Itsallaboutp!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you are printing canvas using a Pixma PRO-100 you get the orange flash to start feeding. You get a second orange flash and you need to lower front panel. Press Resume. Then you get a third flash to restore panel and it will start printing again when you press Resume. If you are using a Windows machine this all shows up in a popup window. You print canvas using manual feed (at the rear of the printer, but not the rear tray).
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

My goodness,John, could I ask where on the planet you found that information???  I cannot get anything to feed through the manual feed, despite countless attempts.  I have not come across anything that explains the flashing orange light sequence.  I am very confused as to what is the front panel that I am supposed to lower and then restore.  I have a Pixma Pro-100 , work on a Mac and am using Photoshop.  And I am feeling very defeated at this point. Cheers.

I print from a Windows PC primarily; I think the Windows driver provides more information. A graphic comes up telling what to do.

I just tried printing from my MacBook and I didn't get the graphic.

You select Canvas in the Media Type dropdown.

When printing starts and file is sent to printer the yellow ligt will flash. When that happens pull down the front panel that says Canon.

Some action occurs. Next time the yesllow light flashes flip the panel up. If the light is flashing press the button again.

Canon does have an On-Screen manual uou can download, but I don't think its compatible with macOS Catalina.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Abma
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem when trying to print in canvas photo paper using the manual feeding tray on the Pixma Pro 100. The software just keeps saying to load paper and the printer keeps blinking the resume button light yellow. Were you able to fin out the solution?

Thanks!

Announcements