cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting an Canon IJ Scan Utility Internal Error Code:9,202,3. Please Help!

BigGuy800
Apprentice

I have a CanoScan 9000F Mark II scanner and I am using Windows 10.  I can go to the Canon Utility and select it to scan.  The scanner scans the photo/document, however once it has completed a scan a popup Canon IJ Scan Utility message comes up stating "An internal error has occured.  Restart the computer, then try again.  Code: 9,202,3".  I restart the computer and the error continues.  I am saving to my Pictures folder in My Documents.  I have tried different selections (e.g. Auto Scan, Photo, Documents, etc.) with the same result.  Please help!  Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

You guided me to this solution. More specifically, Turn Controlled Folder Access OFF in Windows Settings/Update & Security/Windows Security/Virus & Threat Protection/Ransomware Protection.

Steps work with Canon imageCLASS MF232w for Win 10. Can now scan.

artiejb42
Apprentice

I try scanning a picture to my computer and I get error code 9,202,3  I have even redownloaded  my ts3100 printer  still have the issue

ECB
Apprentice
You guided me to this solution. More specifically, Turn Controlled Folder Access OFF in Windows Settings/Update & Security/Windows Security/Virus & Threat Protection/Ransomware Protection. This worked for a TS-3120 printer.
Announcements