cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove dust from underside of glass (Lide 400)

nonim
Apprentice

There are specs of dust stuck all over the underside of my scaner glass. Do you have any advice about how I can clean them off- remove any screws in the back to take off the back panel, a hole that I can blow air through, a safe way to disasable the scanner, etc-?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The key is keeping the dust out in the first place.  I have a nylon type cover for every printer I own.  I order them from Amazon - Comp Bind is the brand.  I keep everything covered when not in use.  My HP officejet is almost 9 yrs old and its in pristine condition. The Pixma 100 and 644Cdw are also covered.

Getting dust off the underside of the platen glass is difficult.  Canned air.  Wear rubber or latex gloves.  You might have to disassemble, but be careful as alignment issues can result.  I don't think there is a "safe" way of doing it.

Again, avoiding dust in the first place is the best bet.  Seems to be something we all have to deal with.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi nonim,

If you are in warranty, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements