cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you correct "Canonscan 8800F disconnected"

GeoCar
Apprentice

Scanner shows message "disconnected" when scanner is connected and get audio beep from computer when i plug in or out

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi, GeoCar!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I got it corricted  by using a suggestion by one of the replys. Don't remember but think it had some ting to do IN service.mcs or msc typed in programs.

I posted a similar problem when trying to use my CanonScan 8800f under Windows 10. I resolved the problem following a post that I found on the Microsoft Community Forum.

Thsi may only work in Windows 10.

The issue is that the CanonScan 8800F is not supported by Canon under Windows 10, which means there is no Windows 10 driver for it. 

Syed Md Bilal, a Microsoft Support Engineer wrote on the Microsoft Community on 14 October 2015:

"Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
"As you are unable to find the “CanoScan 8800F” printer drivers from manufacturers website, which are compatible with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the printer drivers in compatibility mode and check. Follow the steps provided below.
"Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
"Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
"Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
"Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it."

I downloaded the Windows 8.1 64 bit Driver and then ran the installer in compatibility mode for Windows 8.

It worked for me, now my CanonScan will talk to me Windows 10 PC running the Canon Solution Menu software.

Hope this helps...

GeoCar
Apprentice

Get message scanner "diconnected" but do get beep from computer when plugging in or out

Announcements