cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove Canon " My Image Garden" from the desktop when turning on my computer ?

napafloyd
Apprentice

How do I remove Canon " My Image Garden" from the desktop when turning on my computer ?  I have the icon but the program starts up and I have to delete it manually  from the desktop to clear my screen for other work...

11 REPLIES 11

merrymary247
Rising Star
Are you using a Windows or a Mac? What you're seeing (the backwards L shaped menu) is probably the Canon Quick Menu. If you have a Mac you can go into your applications, select Canon Utilities, then drag Canon Quick menu to the trash and empty trash can. On Windows you'd go to the control panel, select Programs and Features (or Uninstall Program/Add or Remove Program) and uninstall the Canon Quick Menu. Not required for all the normal functions of the printer. You can do the same thing for My Image Garden. Also not required.

I have no idea where it came from but it is impossible to get rid of it. ANY suggestions would be appreciated. It is most annoying.

When I scan an image on my Canon MX494, "my image garden" automatically appears on the desktop,

I prefer the scanned image to be saved in one of my DOCUMENTS files.  My preferences has been configured to save the scanned image in a file in MY DOCUMENTS, and MY IMAGE GARDEN is just a nucance as it pops up on my desktop and I have to remove it every time before I can access the imange in MY DOCUMENTS.

I don't need MY IMAGE GARDEN

I am another one with a new canon printer  who cannot switch off *My Image garden.* It keeps slowing up my computer.  It is very annoying.

me too, and, no help from cannon?

there does not seem to be a way to turn this dinosaur off and it locks up everything on my computer until it opens... 

Success!, I think.  Control Panel, Programs and Features, then Uninstall Image Garden and Quick Menu.  Uninstalling Image Garden took a very long time, but it seems to be gone. I'll know for sure the next time I power up.

Ginny1645
Apprentice

I just tried using task master.  It has a choice for the quick menu and for the image display. I clicked on both and they aren't showing up now.

Ginny1645
Apprentice

I just used task master to close the display.  It has a choice for the quick menu and for the garder display.  I clicked on both and they are not showing up any more.

Rubley
Apprentice

@napafloyd wrote:

How do I remove Canon " My Image Garden" from the desktop when turning on my computer ?  I have the icon but the program starts up and I have to delete it manually  from the desktop to clear my screen for other work...

Announcements