cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I download printer software if I don't have a CD/DVD drive?

joanmed
Apprentice

The new MacBook Pro doesn't have a built in CD/DVD drive, which seems to be the way computers are going as they get sleeker. I would think that printers would be keeping up with this, as Microsoft has (just a code to download Office) but can't find it on the Canon website. I have a Pixma MG3220. If anyone can point me in the direction of downloads, that would be great. I went to Support under Drivers and Software but there's only an explanation of what they do and no place to download.

5 REPLIES 5

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi joanmed!

I am sorry to hear of the issues finding the correct place to download the software on our website.  I will be happy to provide this information to you.  You can download the drivers by following these steps.

Go to Canon's Support & Drivers website at:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

1. Enter PIXMA MG3220 into the Model Name field, then click GO.

1. Select Mac OS in the Select Operating System and choose your OS X version from the dropdown lists, respectively.  To find this out, click Apple, then About this Mac.

2. Expand the Drivers section by clicking the red triangle.

1. Click on the file named MG3200 series Mini Master Setup.

2. After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree Begin Download' and save the file to your computer.

3. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation.

4. Once complete, click the I Decline Go Back to return to the download page.

5. Expand the Software section by clicking the red triangle.

1. Click on the file named My Image Garden.

2. After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree Begin Download' and save the file to your computer.

3. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation.

I hope this helps.

Hi guys, over in the UK here and just bought one of your printers but we don't have a cd drive on our Sony Vaio laptop either - the support site lists all the drivers except the one we need which is the PIXMA  MG3600 series. Please help!

how do i download the printer without a cd

Look at message #2 above.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements