cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello from a 9000F Mark II scanner user - with a problem! :-/

FreyaFoto
Apprentice

First of all - hello to everybody! I've been a Canon user for many many years, but have never been to this forum before (usually because I haven't needed to - which is probably a good thing! Woman Happy).

A long while ago, I inherited my dad's slide collection - one of those things I always meant to get round to sorting out, but never had time - but now in today's pandemic situation, I'm doing all sorts of things I thought I'd never get around to doing...Woman Very Happy:cool:

The vast majority of the slides are normal 35mm ones, so no problem - I just tuck them in the slide holder and away we go. However, some the older slides are bigger - when I say bigger, I mean that they are still a 50mm square shape, but the actual slide inside is a 38mm square (rather than a 'normal' 23 x 34mm rectangle). Because they fitted in the holder, I thought I wouldn't have a problem - until I went to the custom settings in the IJ Scan Utility, and realised that the only setting available for film was 35mm? (Of course, what happens then is that the Utility 'cuts out' a 35mm-sized rectangle, giving me only the middle bit of my slide!) Please see pic below to see what type of slide I'm talking about here...

IMG_4554.JPG

SO - is there anywhere for me to go here? Am I stuck at the first hurdle, or is there a way around this? Presumably the slide holder is OK and I don't need a different one - it's the Utility that's holding me back, by limiting me to a 35mm slide 'paper size'. Can this be overridden, tweaked, upgraded - or anything?!

HELP - anybody, please?! Woman Frustrated

1 REPLY 1

FreyaFoto
Apprentice

I'm replying to my own query - somebody in another forum pointed me here, which solves my problem:-

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Printer-Discussion/Can-I-scan-110-film-negatives-on-the-c... 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements