cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message with my Canoscan 5000F: TWAIN error

VNV1
Apprentice
Re: Error message with my Canoscan 5000F: TWAIN error

Hi I am new here. I do not see a SCANNER categorie.  "I re posted this as I have not heard what to do."

I have a new Dell Vostro PC with Windows 10 Pro. I have a ConoScan 5000F Scanner.

( I had it previously installed on my Shuttle PC that had Windows 10 which died.) It worked fine before the computer died.

I installed the CD & software from the Canon CD.  All the software works fine. When I click on Acquire I get Twain error, "Maybe the divice is not connected". The Scanner does not work.  When I checked the Divices & Printers I see this:

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" I checked your CanoScan 5000F page I see NO Driver available; what  do I do now? Please help me.

Thank you, VNV1

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi VNV1,

The CanoScan 5000F is not supported with Windows 10, as drivers and software are not available for the CanoScan 5000F for use with this operating system.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patric,

Thank you very much for your reply!  I have been trying to get information on how to fix this. I called the 800-652-2666 Canon Support yesterday & was told that Canon no longer supported this scanner. I was given this web address for help USA.canon.com\support . I have not found the right link there as yet. What is a real puzzle to me is like I said above in my post; was this scanner worked A/OK with NO problems installed on my Shuttle PC running Windows 10 before that computer died. Had a bad power source & other problems; so I purchased this New Dell PC computer which runs Windows 10 Pro. I do not know what driver I downloaded as I can not access that computer any more. I read somewhere yesterday that I could use a Windows 8 driver that would work. Have you heard this? If you think this might fix my Issue; would you please give me a link so I could try this. I don't want to damage this New Dell computer; I need help & your expert advice please. I hate to have to buy a new scanner.

While I have you here; I also have a HP PC that runs Windows 7. I have a Cano Scan FB630U Scanner. I see on your Canon web page there is not a driver for this. Is there a way I can make this scanner work on my other computer the HP Pivilion which runs Windows 7?  Also; if  we can make this work; would you please give me the links for a driver & software for it.

Thank you,

VNV1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi VNV1,

You may be able to use the Windows XP driver with Windows 7.but, functionality is not assured.

To install the driver, please click HERE to access our Drivers and Downloads website, change the Operating System to Windows XP). Download and install the Scanner Driver ScanGear CSU v5.3.2 for Windows 2000/XP option in the Drivers section.

Also, download and install the CanoScan Toolbox v2.2.3 for Windows 98/Me/2000/XP in the Software section.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for the reply. I did download everything you suggested for my older scanner; the Cano Scan FB630U.

The driver was not found on the system. The software was not found also; spent quite a bit of time and got nothing out of it but frustration. Looks like i'm done with the Cano Scan FB630U on Windows 7; unless you have another idea.

You did not answer this question:

I have been trying to get information on how to fix this. I called the 800-652-2666 Canon Support yesterday & was told that Canon no longer supported this scanner. I was given this web address for help USA.canon.com\support . I have not found the right link there as yet. What is a real puzzle to me is like I said above in my post; was this scanner worked A/OK with NO problems installed on my Shuttle PC running Windows 10 before that computer died. Had a bad power source & other problems; so I purchased this New Dell PC computer which runs Windows 10 Pro. I do not know what driver I downloaded as I can not access that computer any more. I read somewhere yesterday that I could use a Windows 8 driver that would work. Have you heard this? If you think this might fix my Issue; would you please give me a link so I could try this. I don't want to damage this New Dell computer; I need help & your expert advice please. I hate to have to buy a new scanner.

Is there any hope with this CanoScan 5000F on Windows 10 Pro? Windows 8 Driver etc.. Should I try this? Where do I get it? Or should I give up? 

If I'm  forced to buy a new Scanner for Windows 10; I liked all the features the Cano Scan 5000F had what do you recommend?

Thank you for your support,

VNV1

Announcements