cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 2,155,33 for Canoscan9000F Anybody know how to clear it or resolve the issue?

williammcewen
Contributor

Two year old Canoscan 9000F  Went to put it to this machine (Windows 7) and after updating the latest driver and scanner driver, when I go to turn it on I get that error code staing I need to unplug the USB and replug it in. Nothing is happening other than the error message.

Ok, thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Ramona
Authority

Hi williammcewen,

If you have any antivirus or firewall programs on your computer, please temporarily disable them, then attempt to scan again. Sometimes these programs can block the scanning process.  Should you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

DavidH
Apprentice

Okay, here I am a few years after the initial posts concerning folks having issues with their LiDE 300 scanner.  I am haviing identical problems with nothing that is given here being able to resolve it.  I also had a LiDE 35 unit that was unusable once I moved to Win7 years back.  I liked the unit's operation but could not use it once I moved to Win7 due to driver issues.  Now I have issues with my brand new LiDE 300.  This is unacceptable for a product like this to be plagued with chronic issues with no resolution.  I am packing up this unit and returning it for a refund.  Unacceptable product performance.

I have same problem.... unbelivable bad product. Last time I'll bought a cannon scanner for sure!

Hi Holgwin,

What model CanoScan do you own?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

Is the USB cable connected directly from the scanner to your computer?  Or is it connected to a USB hub or docking station?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Holgwin
Apprentice
I bought a Lide 300. My PC is running Win10 and I connect directly to the USB port. I tried both of my laptop's, same problem. I disabled sophos fw/virus protection, no change.

FYI, I returned the scanner and, due to lack of other choices, bought the next higher model. LiDE 400.  That unit performs well on my Win 7 system regardless of anti-virus status.  Obviously the LiDE 300 has issues.

Plenamir
Apprentice

I just bought a CanoScan LiDE 300. I'm using Windows 10. I downloaded the latest scanner driver from Canon and installed by carefully following the instrctions. I keep getting the following:

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

-Scanner is turned off (It is NOT)

-USB cable is disconnected (It is CONNECTED)

Please check and try again

Scanner driver will be closed.

Code: 2,156,33

All of these codes are not defined on the Canon support site.

Do I have a faulty unit that needs to be returned?

Hello,

This error can appear when a security program or firewall setting interfere with the scanner driver from communicating correctly. I recommend contacting Microsoft and have them run a scan of your computer. They should be able to narrow down what could be causing the error.

Same problem here with my new Lide300 on Windows 10. How to solve this? Windows has a very basic and stanadrd installation, so Windows cannot be blamed for the driver crash. Canon should either provide a solution, workaround or make possible to return the product. 

Announcements