cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enlarge copy with Canon 3100

PennyPA
Contributor

My 3100 won't enlarge copies.   I've pressed the "Fit to Page" button and indicated 8 1/2" x 11" plain paper but it still just copies the original size.

10 REPLIES 10

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi PennyPA,

We'll be glad to help.  To get started, please check the top or front of your product to confirm the complete model number (Ex: imageCLASS MF3110, LASER CLASS 3170). 

Please also clarify if you are pushing a button on your machine or in your software.

Thank you!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Deborah, it is an MG3122.  To enlarge a print, you press the "Fit to Page" button on the machine and then designate the size of the page by pressing the corresponding paper size button on the machine.

Hi PennyPA,

To  try and help determine what is happening I'd like to get a little more information.  what size is the original document you are placing on the glass?  Is the Fit to Page light still lit by the time you press the Black or Color button to start the copy process?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am trying to enlarge a 4 x 6 to a larger size.  Yes, the black button is still lit when I press the copy process.    

We're sort of considering just buying an HP or other printer since this seems to be such a problem with the Canon...and since we can only enlarge to an 8 1/2 x 11 size and not to any other size (like a 3 x 5 to a 4 x 6).  I think Canon should have stuck with cameras, LOL.

Oh, and yes, the fit to size button is still lit.  

Hi PennyPA,

I understand your frustration, but something to keep in mind is that the MG3122 os one of our entry level models.  If you are looking to return the MG3122 for a different model, I would recommend considering the MG5420, MG6320 or MG8220 depending on your budget.  These models have a wider spectrum of copy functions than the MG32220 that sound like they are more like what you are looking for in controlling copy size.

After you hit the print button it comes up in print section hit the 200 and it will  change the font larger then hit start printing.  This should take care of  font..

By the way I have had two of these machines over the last ten years and the last one finally went up.  Anyway I have a lot of ink that I would be more than happy to send to you if you want it  Frankly I can't see dumping it.  Would prefer giving to someone that can use it.

My machine takes BCI black 3eblack 6 yellow 6 magenta and yellow 

I by all of my ink from inkgrabber so that numbers are not the same but they are strictly for this machine. 

Let you can use the ink let me know. 

Sure messed my message up in the spelling { Correction:}  I buy from Ink Grabber and if you want this ink will be more than happy to send to yoo

Thank you very much for your kind offer, pmcg,but our printer only takes two 2 cartridges...black and color.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements