cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers for CanoScan 8000F

larryplacido
Contributor

I want to use my old 8000F, but my desktop is running Windows 10 Pro. 

Everything I have seen said, there are no drivers for Win 10, curious if anyone found a solution.

Thanks again,

Larry

8 REPLIES 8

eyre
Apprentice
Try virtual box.

JohnWT
Apprentice

Having been forced to upgrade from Win XP when my old PC motherboard failed,  also now need  to use my CanonScan 8000F in Win 10.

Canon suggest that I use the drivers for Win 7 in compatibility mode, but this does not work. Win Fax and Scan doesn't work either, it puts up a message saying "no scanner detected".

The same with VueScan, both 32 and 64 bit versions.

Device manager is no help; when I select "update driver" and browse in the right folder, it puts up a message "no drivers detected". The same happens if I select the "search automatically" option.

I wonder if drivers for other Canon scanners would work with the 8000F?  Does anyonhe know if this would work, and if so, which models might apply?  I asked the Canon help desk this, but they wouldn't tell me.

Or, is there some generic WIA or TWAIN software that could be used to get the scanner to work?

Is there a shareware programme that might work?

I am reluctant to scrap what is otherwise a perfectly good scanner.  I'd be glad of any help or advice!

Hi JohnWT,

You can attempt to install the drivers for an older version of Windows to see if it will work on your computer. The last driver made was for Windows 7 and I cant guarantee that it will work in the Windows 10 environment.

To install the drivers and software, please perform the steps below. 

1.  Disconnect the printer from the computer. 

2.  Click HERE to go to the printer's Downloads page.

3.  Change the "Operating System" to "Windows 7". 

4.  Download and install the "MP620 series CUPS Printer Driver", "TWAIN Driver - 8000F Scanner Driver Ver. 8.1.2.0a_xp (Windows 7/Vista32/XP/2000)". You will also want to click on the software tab to download CanoScan Toolbox Ver. 4.1.3.6 .

If this does not resolve your issue, you are also  eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

FraWeb
Apprentice
Hi larry.
I have this prob. too.
Didi you solve your problem?
If y, please explain what you did.
thanks

I can't link to it, but try out VueScan.

Hello.

I was in touch with Vuescan. They need Canondrivers as a prerequisite. Canon does not deliver 64-bit drivers. Therefor Vuescan did NOT solve my problem.

regards Fr.

JohnWT
Apprentice
Hi there
Re my original post on drivers for 8000F.
There is no solution, so I resorted to installing Virtual Box, and running the scanner under WinXP.
Not ideal, but it works fine, and avoids the need for dumping a good scanner in landfill, and having to buy a new one.
It would not have hurt Canon to write drivers - I imagine it would be a simple task for a good programmer, and would save the planet another load of junked equipment.

Hi JohnWT

Thanks. That's a good idea. I will try it.

regards

Announcements