Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: WHERE is Default File Location for My Image Garden Saved Disc Label Files FOR MAC

[ Edited ]

I would use your file / folder search function. You need to enable to search hidden folders and sub folders Search for DiscLabelPrint folder and under that should be the work folder. The dot mig folders should be there.

First of all, Canon Inc. make the best hardware goods in my opinion. Their SLR cameras, video cameras, printers and scanners are second to none. All of which I own. I tried other brands and ended up selling them.

Unfortunately, when it comes to their software, it fails dismally. Even the names put me off. Canon My Image Garden! How crass is that?.

About 3 months after posting my comment, I un-installed all Canon software except their drivers. I use 3rd party programs for disc labelling and printing DVD cover inserts and managing photos and videos.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: WHERE is Default File Location for My Image Garden Saved Disc Label Files FOR MAC

Here is the mac location of these files.

I have tested this on High Sierra and Catalina and it's the same.

/Users/username/Library/Containers/jp.co.canon.MyImageGarden/Data/Library/Application Support/Canon/My Image Garden/AddOn/DiscLabelPrint/work

Note the user library folder is hidden by default.  To view hidden files on recent OSX versions press Command-Shift-. in finder (the third key is the decimal point).

A simple copy of the DiscLablePrint folder from one mac to another (or restore from backup) will transfer the disk lable saved files.

I too agree that it's very poor showing by Canon not to provide some sort of export/import functionality for these as a lot of time can be invested in creating them.  

Highlighted
New Contributor

AWESOMENESS!

Thanks for the answer so I don't have to recreate everything. 

Canon needs to join the real world and give more usability! 

Dan

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, VERY helpful information. Why did their programmers make this SO difficult? It's this sort of behaviour that reduces trust in these products. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: What programs do you use?

[ Edited ]

What programs are those?  I also am very disapointed in My Image Garden (too many short comings - like the one mentioned here).

I however am on a PC.  But, maybe your programs have PC versions.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am a programmer too, and if I pulled a "stunt" like Canon did by hiding their saved locations (and Not being able to change it) - I would be out of a job!