cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead/404 links for drivers/software for the CanoScan LiDE 220 on Canon's websites worldwide

hpka
Apprentice

For example, the USA site's download page: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/photo-scanner/canoscan-li...

Try going to any Windows download of either the the main software package (CanoScan LiDE 220 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) released on 07/22/15) or the updated 1.03 driver. Both links go to 404. 

For example, the link to the main package leads me to this broken link: http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0100006031/01/win-lide220-1_0-ucd.exe

Have tried Canon's Canada, UK, Thailand, Vietnam, South African sites. All direct you to the same links and therefore don't work.

Best guess: CDN or similar isn't working as expected.

I have a shiny, wrapped CD of software right here next to me... but since it's 2019, no optical drive to read it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Humm.. have a suspicion PiHole is blocking this.

Chrome and Firefox had the same results but when I tested with my phone connected to LTE it did work.

I disabled PiHole for 30 seconds and the links did work, although my work's filtering tool also warned me that I was about to download something (expected).

Ok - false alarm. To anyone reading this, disable pihole.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi hpka,

The links for the CanoScan LiDE 220 are working.  Please try again.  If the issue persists, please try using a different web browser.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Humm.. have a suspicion PiHole is blocking this.

Chrome and Firefox had the same results but when I tested with my phone connected to LTE it did work.

I disabled PiHole for 30 seconds and the links did work, although my work's filtering tool also warned me that I was about to download something (expected).

Ok - false alarm. To anyone reading this, disable pihole.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Thanks for the update!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements