cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CaptureOnTouch v4 "Request was aborted" when scanning to email

KaiserMan
Apprentice

Hey guys

We've had the Canon DR C225 scanners for a while and just recently I installed a new one for a user and ever since we've been having issues scanning to email.  Whenever we scan to email the document appears and then I click finish and it will act like it's going to but then it'll say request was aborted and kick me back to the previous screen.  I'm not sure what's going on with this and I've called Canon support and both times they've told me that I either need to just wipe the machine or contact Microsoft but that's really not an option.  I've uninstalled the captureontouch software multiple times, and manually deleted the leftover files aftewards, used the regfix tool provided by canon, uninstalled the driver and reinstalled, used the latest version, did windows updates, removed windows updates, etc.  The only thing I notice is that when I log out of the user and log into a different account it works fine.  But when I log into that user on another computer it works fine as well.  So it's something specific with that application for the user but I just don't know what's going on.  It's now happening on a second PC and the only thing I think the two have in common is they both had Fujitsu scanners beforehand and the software was removed during the installation.  All other functions of these scanners work perfectly except for the scan to email.  Any ideas?

Windows 10 Pro 21H1

Scanner: DR-C225 II

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you have not done so, please make sure that Office is set as the default mail client on those computers. You can go to the following Microsoft Site for instructions:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/make-outlook-the-default-program-for-email-contacts-and-cal...

If you are unable to scan to an email, there are a few more suggestions that you can try. First, please make sure that your security settings or profile settings are not causing a conflict. You can also try making a different program (such as Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird) your default email client.

Announcements