cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan lide 400 installation takes forever

Ighostult
Apprentice
I'm using windows 10, and I'm trying to install the canoscan lide 400 to my computer. But when it gets to step 3, it goes on forever. Any way to fix this? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ighostult,

So we can assist you, we will need to gather some more information. Please write back with answers to the following questions:

• Did you download the drivers from the website or did you run the setup CD?
  • If you downloaded from our website, did you download the CanoScan LiDE 400 Full Driver & Software Package  or CanoScan LiDE 400 Scanner Driver Ver.1.00 
  • Have you tried canceling the download and then try the install again?

We look forward to your reply.

Ighostult
Apprentice
I tried both the CD and download from the website. I also tried the CanoScan LiDE 400 Scanner Driver Ver.1.00 and no luck. However I tried installing the driver on my laptop which runs on windows 8.1 and it worked fine. My desktop runs on Windows 10 so I'm not sure if it's an OS issue.

Hi lghostult,

The may be a firewall or security setting on the Windows 10 computer that is not allowing the files to install. I would recommend contacting Microsoft and let them know that your Windows 8.1 had no issues install the scanner driver.  They will be able to troubleshoot your Windows 10 computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements