04-06-2018 04:31 PM
After several weeks (maybe 2-3 months without using it) my old faithful 9950F refused to work.
It turns on, frot blue LED glows and PC detects it as "new hardware found". However, it does not make that typical short screechy sound fom the moving optical head.
After starting CanonScan Tool Box, scanner is not available to configure, and seconds late it gives an error message code 2,155,0 .
Anyone experieced something like that?
Is that a sort of mechanical problem that could be solved in any way?
Any comment welcome...
Thanks in advance
04-06-2018 05:04 PM
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using.
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF
Thanks and have a great day!
04-06-2018 05:10 PM
Oh, thanks for your prompt answer.
It showed same behavior on my Win 10 desktop PC as well as on my Win 7 laptop.
That's why I'm afraid it's not a software/driver issue but a mehcanical trouble.
Thanks again for your help.
05-02-2018 03:06 PM
Please try reinstalling your CanoScan 9950F on your Windows 7 computer. Please disconnect the USB cable from the your CanoScan 9950F and then follow these steps:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type CanoScan 9950F in the "Enter a Model" box and click GO.
3. Click on the Drivers & Downloads tab and then click the Select button next to TWAIN Driver - 9950F Scanner Driver.
4. Click the Download button.
5. If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.
6. Once the download is complete, click on the Software tab.
7. Click the Select button next to DelDrv.
8. Click the Download button.
9. Once the downloads are complete, open your Downloads folder.
10. Double click [deldrvvst2120ej.exe]. Follow the prompts to uninstall the scanner.
11. Double click the driver that you downloaded. It will be either [9950fvst10324a_xpen.exe] or [9950fvst6410324a_64en.exe], depending on your version of Windows 7.
12. Files will extract. Once that window goes away, connect the USB cable from the CanoScan 9950F to the computer.
Installation will complete.
Once reinstalled, please attempt to scan.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: