cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan 9000f error mesage

efarmer24
Apprentice

Trying to put an Canoscan 9000f on a new computer and I get the error message "USB 2.0 Won't work on USB 3.0"

Lastest driver from Canon site installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Edward

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, Edward!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry, Windows 7 64 bit on a "Lenovo Z70 17.3 Inch Laptop (Intel Core i7, 16 GB, 1TB HDD"
thanks, Edward

Hi efarmer24,

USB 3.0 ports are backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices.

Where you able to install the driver for your scanner?

If so, attempt to scan.  Do you get an error?  If you get an error, what is the error that you get?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes the driver installed. error message was "USB 2.0 Won't work on USB 3.0"

BH052413
Enthusiast

Most Canon home products (if not all) will only work on USB 2.0. If plugged in to a USB 3.0 port, strange errors start to appear. Be sure the the USB port that you are plugging in to on your computer is black inside, and not blue (the traditional color of USB 3.0)

So much for usb 3 being backwards compatablie... any way around it?

Announcements