cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan 9000f and Mac OS.10.8.2 not compatible. Driver not found on either canon us or uk sites.

Aleksandra
Apprentice

Canoscan 9000f and Mac OSX 10.8.2 not compatible. Install CD gives error. It said when I bought it it would work on Mac OSX 10.8. Searched for drivers on both Canon US and UK sites. Not found. What to do? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi Aleksandra, Drivers for 10.8 are on the website. Here are the basic steps to navigate to the downloads:

1.  Visit Canon's web site at: 

http://www.canontechsupport.com

2.  Click on SUPPORT & DRIVERS.  On the Support & Drivers page, select your model in the following manner:

a.  From the first menu, select SCANNERS.

b.  From the second menu, select CANOSCAN Series.

c.  From the third menu, click DRIVERS & SOFTWARE under your model.

3.  Select Windows or Macintosh as needed using the drop down menu SELECT OPERATING SYSTEM.

4.  Select your specific version of Windows or Macintosh using the drop down menu SELECT OS VERSION.

5.  Click on DRIVERS.

6.  Click on the file you need.

7.  Instructions for completing the download and installation will appear on the page that follows.  You will also see a disclaimer at the bottom.  Review the disclaimer, and click I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have done exactly what you wrote above re: drivers and I see the following:

There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver.

when you click the software tab you see:

There is no software for the OS Version you selected.

the question remains the same - can I use this scanner with Mac OS 10.8?

Hi SteveT,

The CanoScan 9000F is supported with 10.8.  Try clicking on the link below for direct access to the driver:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_9000f#DriversAndSof...

You should be able to select your operating system in a drop-down menu on this site.  Click on the 'Drivers' heading to see them.  If nothing appears, do you have a different web browser to try?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

I would appreciate your help.  I have a iMac and I can't download the scanned document.   

Thanks

Bob

Announcements