cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan 9000f Error codes: 2,155,33 - 2,250,2 - 2,189, 0

9000FCanoCano
Apprentice

Hello, I have been trying to figure this out. I cannot find any sufficient means for solving these errors anywhere and there is no customer support for the Canoscan 9000F. I am currently using a Laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 and  I've tried reinstalling the drivers, ect. and nothing I can find has worked. The Computer detects the scanner as Canoscan 9000F in devices and printers and the buttons on the printer function. If for example, I press autoscan, it'll pop up and prompt on the computer giving me the autoscan options in MP Navigator EX. Although, If I try and proceed with the scan it says it "Cannot communicate with the Scanner. Cable may be disconnected or the scanner may be turned off. Check status. Driver may be closed. Error code:  2,155,33."  If you try again, it gives you, "An error has occured. Turn the device off then back on. Scanner driver will be closed. Code:2,250,2." Then back to the first error code and repeat.. The Scanner does not make any noise If you try and Scan, only when you first turn it on. I believe that it may be a problem with the driver but I am not sure. Here is the event log for the driver if anyone knows:

1:

Device USB\VID_04A9&PID_1908\6&5fcef7&0&1 requires further installation.

2:

Device USB\VID_04A9&PID_1908\6&5fcef7&0&1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE1\8XV5T15A22000640
Class Guid: {eec5ad98-8080-425f-922a-dabf3de3f69a}
Location Path: PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1200)#USBROOT(0)#USB(1)#USB(1)
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFE0000033
Present: false

3:Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service usbscan for Device Instance ID USB\VID_04A9&PID_1908\6&5FCEF7&0&1 with the following status: 0.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I agree, barring some sort of hardware issue, this is likely related to software or drivers. 

Did it ever work?  New problem? etc. 

Are you using any type of USB hub or is the device connected directly to the computer's USB port?

Have you tried another port?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

9000FCanoCano
Apprentice
I recently bought it used off of Ebay and has not worked for me since receiving it. The device is connected directly to the computers USB port and I have tried all USB ports. I'm convinced now it's a hardware problem and that is why it is having problems communicating with the device because the computer cannot get the machine to operate. The seller claimed that it was working but upon receiving the package I heard a slide and bang when picking it up. This turned out to be because the scanner was not locked before it was shipped. I think this may have resulted in damage and furthermore the locking mechanism, as it seems it is unable to lock. Also only the light bar on the top seems to function.

Graham44
Apprentice

I have had my 9000F scanner for many years with no problems. I had been using it sucessfully one day, but the next day these same errors came up. I have reinstalled software and drivers several times, used different cables, tried it on Windows 10, Windows XP and a Mac laptop. All come up with the same error codes. I have also spoken to the local Canon technical person who was very helpful but nothing he suggested has worked. He ended up suggesting it was a Windows 10 issue but it was originally working with Windows 10 and the other operating systems I tried produced the same error codes.

Very frustrating and I have run out of ideas.

Graham44
Apprentice

Did you ever solve the issue? The only idea that I can come up with is that one of the flexible ribbons has developed a stress fracture in one of the wires which would explain the scanner genreally making the right noises and connecting with the computer etc. I have not investigated the possibility of having it repaired which would probably not make financial sense.

Announcements