cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan 9000F problem

Rosies
Apprentice

My Canoscan 9000F was used briefly about nine months ago and now shows error 2,155,33.

I use a Macbook, Snow Leopard 10.6.8.  The scanner shows as being connected to the USB on the Macbook but the scanner says not connected.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the scanner twice, uninstalled/reinstalled scan gear as recommended in manual, changed the USB cable to no avail.

I have the same problem when I connect it to a desktop iMac.

It worked perfectly well when last used.  I have read somewhere that it could be a problem not worth repairing but I cant believe a Canon product after only a brief use will develop a problem which renders it only fit to be scrapped. 

I would be grateful if anyone can suggest a solution.

5 REPLIES 5

williammcewen
Contributor
Yeah, waiting to see what happens with this. Ive reinstalled everything twice, new cables, blah blah blah and here I am looking for an answer.

Hi williammcewen,

What version of Mac OS X do you have on your Mac?  Also, do you happen to have any antivirus or firewall programs on your Mac?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have Windows 7, and no firewall. Just will not install.

Hi williammcewen,

Creating a new user account on your computer, then reinstalling the scanner drivers may allow the scanner to install successfully.  To create a new user account, please follow these steps:

1.  Click Start and then Control Panel.

2.  Click User Accounts and Family Safety.

3.  Under User Accounts, click Add or remove user accounts.

4.  Click Create a new account.

5.  Type the name that you want to use for the account.

6.  Select Administrator for the account type, and then click Create Account.

Once the account is created, please log out of your current account and log into the newly created account.  Once in the new account, you will want to download the latest drivers for the scanner from the Canon USA website.  Please click here to go thte Drivers page for the CanoScan 9000F.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the Scanner drivers file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the drivers file, please double-click on it and follow the prompts to install the scanner on your computer, then attempt to scan.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Rosies
Apprentice

Hi Ramona

Sorry didnt get notification of your reply where you addressed your reply to another post who has Windows and you gave information about that operating system.

"Hi williammcewen,

What version of Mac OS X do you have on your Mac?  Also, do you happen to have any antivirus or firewall programs on your Mac?"

I have a MacBook  Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (13-inch, Mid 2009) and an iMac and the scanner will not work on either.  I do not have antivirus or firewall.

I am more than disappointed that after very little use it fails now to work and because I didnt need to use it for a period of time it is now out of guarantee.

I hope your advice to williammcewen helped.

Would be grateful for Mac specific advice.

Announcements