12-29-2020 08:38 PM
I am trying to scan medium format (6x9) negatives on my Canoscan 9000F but I have misplaced the film tray which came with it. I have one coming but it won't be here until next week.
I have been able to scan negatives without the tray before. Only now when I do it manually by selecting the area on the negative, the scans are blue-and-white in tone. If i take a picture of the negative on my iPhone on a lightbox and invert in photoshop, the negatives look correct. Why is the Canoscan adjusting everything to look blue? Can I really not scan these negatives without the freaking tray? This is incredibly frustrating.
Please please please someone tell me why it's doing this?
this is what the scanner gave me :
and this is what I got from photographing the negative on the lightbox and inverting in photoshop :
02-17-2021 01:25 PM
Please perform a fwe calibrations. To perform calibrations, please follow these steps:
1. Click Start, point to (All) Programs, Canon Utilities, then MP Navigator. Then click MP Navigator.
2. Click on Scan / Import.
3. Click on Photos / Documents (Platen).
4. Place a checkmark in the 'Use the Scanner Driver' box.
5. Click Open Scanner Driver.
6. When Scangear opens, click on the Advanced Mode tab.
7. Click on the Preferences button at the bottom.
8. On the Scanner tab, choose ON next to Execute at every scan.
Perform 3 or 4 scans.
Does the image quality improve?