cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canonoscan 4200F

mickminnion
Apprentice

I hope that somebody can help me with this problem.

I have a Canoscan 4200F running on Windows XP home edition, which up to now has given no problem.  But for some reason it has now  stopped showing a preview before scanning.  I unistalled and re installed the driver, but it made no difference.  I installed the latest driver from the Canon website, but got the same result.  I reinstalled the original from the Canon disc bundled with the scanner and now when attempting to scan,  get a message "Problem with scanner. Code 2.177.0"  Can anybody suggest a solution?

Many thanks in advance.

Mick Minnion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

For additional information and details regarding these two separate issues, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lgpiper
Apprentice

I am also new. Not sure if I should start a complete new thread or tag onto this one since my problem is also with the 4200F scanner. 

So, my problem is that after I got moved to Windoz 10 back at the end of last year, the scanner still worked just fine. A week or two ago, I was forced to accept what's called the anniversary update, and now my scanner is broken. I tried reinstalling the driver, but either didn't do it correctly, or it won't work. Does anyone have any ideas?

It's stupid for Windoz to issue updates that break basic things. I have another computer wherein the Anniversary update broke my internet connection, i.e. it could no longer recognize my ethernet cable. 

Hello.

For additional information and details regarding these two separate issues, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements