cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon my image garden insufficient memory

Kfitz
Contributor

Message states " the process cannot be continued because of insufficient memory" I deleted several images. Still won't work. Trident direct print via cord. Won't work

11 REPLIES 11

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Kfitz!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Windows 10. I rebooted everything and got a print done but would like to know how to permanently correct this issue. Thank you

@Kfitz wrote:

Windows 10. I rebooted everything and got a print done but would like to know how to permanently correct this issue. Thank you

You computer may not have sufficient RAM, or Paging File disk space, to process large image files.  How much RAM does your system have?  Running out of memory can be especially acute when you have images with high DPI values, and/or when you attempt to resize an image and print it at the same time [fit to print].

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks. My laptop is old and full. I'll get it cleaned up some more. 

While a full HD might be the problem it is more likely a RAM issue. How much memory does your machine have.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In addition to what Jenine said, what is Trident direct print?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Auto correct is well, obnoxious.  😊. I tried direct print via cord 

Hoohaa75
Apprentice

Did you ever get this resolved?  If so, can you advise on how?

Thanks!

TomPeter
Apprentice

Hello,

it is the same problem here.

I did a print with a 8*10 picture layout some weeks ago without a problem. But today I'm getting the reported error while trying to print a 6*8 picture layout. The pictures I use are from the same source, with the same resolution.

I have got a laptop running on windows 10 (64bit) and 16 GB RAM. I am printing with a Pixma Pro-1.

Greetings from Germany and thanks for your help!

Announcements