cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Scanner LIDE 220 Code 2,179,12

VicQuayle
Apprentice

I have been using this scanner for some time and its very good.

Today I have suddenly been getting an error messeage that reads:

Release locking switch. detach USB cable and reconnect

Scanner will be closed.

Code 2,179,12

I have tried all this to no avail.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi VicQuayle,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend disconnecting the scanner from your computer and uninstalling the scanner driver. After the drivers are uninstalled, restart the computer.

Once the computer is fully restarted, install the driver from the Canon website. Click HERE to access the Canon website. After the driver is installed, restart the computer again, and reconnect the USB cable.

Perform a test scan.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi VicQuayle,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend disconnecting the scanner from your computer and uninstalling the scanner driver. After the drivers are uninstalled, restart the computer.

Once the computer is fully restarted, install the driver from the Canon website. Click HERE to access the Canon website. After the driver is installed, restart the computer again, and reconnect the USB cable.

Perform a test scan.

Thank you - it works again.

Scanner will be closed.

Code 2,179,10

Any suggestions?

Scanner will be closed.

Code 2,179,10

Any suggestions?

SUGGESTED SOLUTION: Since upgrading to Mac OS X Ventura I've been getting this same "Release locking switch. detach USB cable and reconnect" error with Canon IJ Scan Utility2 on my Lide 120. Installing the latest v2.4.1 driver doesn't solve the problem. Apple's Image Capture flags up the same error.

I was about to give in and buy a brand new Lide 400 when I saw a recommendation to try the commercial scanner driver VueScan. I download the trial version to test, and it worked fine with no error message. It cost me GBP 24 for the basic license, a lot cheaper than buying a new scanner. I have no connection to the makers of VueScan, I just think other Lide 120 users ought to know that although it's not free, it does work.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements