Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LiDe220 unable to install drivers

Ky4e
Apprentice

Hi guys,

I am facing the following issue:

When I try to install the drivers for Canon LiDe220 scanner I get either of the following messages:

"Failed to acquire information on the driver and software. Check the network connection and try again"

When I saw that, I was baffled, as the computer was already connected to the internet (also, I tried downloading the driver from different Canon sites USA, ASIA, the result was the same). I tried logging in with a local admin account and after I tried again, I got the following message:

"To install the software, you must be logged on to an administrator account.

Click [OK] and remove the CD-ROM to abot the installation.

After aborting the installation, log on as an adminstrator account, then insert the CD-ROM again."

So, I tried the installation with the user's account (Run as administrator), then tried logging in with my account (system admin) and after that logged in with a local admin account - none of them worked. I am one step away from throwing this scanner into the trash and buyng a HP or whatever...

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BillS
Mentor

Hi Ky4e,

This message sometimes occurs if the Windows driver overides the Canon driver, so let's re-install the driver one more time.

1. Disconnect the USB cable until prompted.
  2. Click HERE.

3. Scroll down to "Optional Drivers."

4. Click “Select” next to "CanoScan LiDE 220 Scanner Driver."

5. Press "Download."

6. Open and run the file.

7. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BillS
Mentor

Hi Ky4e,

This message sometimes occurs if the Windows driver overides the Canon driver, so let's re-install the driver one more time.

1. Disconnect the USB cable until prompted.
  2. Click HERE.

3. Scroll down to "Optional Drivers."

4. Click “Select” next to "CanoScan LiDE 220 Scanner Driver."

5. Press "Download."

6. Open and run the file.

7. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you! It worked!

100% WORKING THANKS
INSTALLATION WAS NOT COMPLETELY GET DONE BUT IT HAS GIVEN OR UPDATED REQUIRED SOFTWARE TO RUN MY SCANNER

Bins
Apprentice

I have not used the scanner for a while but it was working really well until now. I keep getting a message "You do not have permission to open the application "Canon IJ Scanner 6'

never had a problem before and I have been using it for years.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements