cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LiDE 300 not working properly

Lucas27
Apprentice

I have a HP Elitebook Windows 10 64-bit system. Installation of the LiDE 300 went perfect.

The buttons work and I get no errors, but the scan is sometimes perfect and sometimes it is almost black.

Installed it on a brandnew Lenovo laptop (with updated Windows 10 64-bit) and had the same bad result.

Of course the latest driver Ver. 1.01 (01/13/21) was installed.

Removed everything, installed it again, same result.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Lucas27,

Please toggle the lock switch back and forth a few times, leaving it in the unlocked position.

Please make sure that the USB cable is directly connected to your computer and not to a USB hub.  Please try using a different USB port on your computer as well.

Also, please only use the USB cable that was included with your scanner.  If you are not using that cable, please make sure that the cable you are using is less than 6 feet in length.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried toggling the lock switch and left it in the unlock position.

The scanning LED-bar is moving across the document like it already did before.

The result you can see in this picture:

Not good.jpg

I am using the USB cable that was included with the scanner.

I tried 2 or 3 different USB ports on the computer.

Hi Lucas27,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I slammed the scanner a couple of times on the side where the USB is going in.

Now it works.

I think the flexfoil connections were the problem.

Hopefully it keeps on working........

Announcements