cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LiDE 120 Error message: "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:"

SimplyTev
Contributor

ccws.tif

I've tried troubleshooting multiple times:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers

- Returned and bought same model scanner

- Tried different drivers

- Tried different USB ports

My computer build is:

Intel i7 4770k

16GB 1866MHz RAM 

Asus Maximus Impact VI

nVidia GTX 780

Corsair RM550

Windows 8.1 64bit 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anyone else get this? It's making me quite livid just trouble shooting it. I've read a lot of reviews on this on Amazon and other websites that says that this is plug and play for the most part. What am I doing wrong??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

75 REPLIES 75

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/photo-scanner/canoscan-li...

CanoScan LiDE 120 Scanner Driver Ver.1.02 (Windows) 04/13/16

Driver Working 🙂

digirambo
Contributor
Oh boy... Thanks for the info.

jjussi
Apprentice

After updating OS X to El Capitan my problems started... Man Sad

Only way to get scanner working is:

1. Start Canon IJ Scan Utility

2. Connect scanners USB, so system loads driver

After "sleep" I need (again) disconnect - reconnect scanner USB to get it work!!!

If Scan Utility is not running already and I press button on scanner, Utility starts, but not scan..  Then I kill Utility and start it by hand and... Scanner start scanning even I don't press button.. It remembers that last press.

einshatz
Apprentice

I have a MacPro Notebook (bought a year ago) and it has the SAME **bleep** problem.  Canon can care less about this issue and guess what?  It's on its way back and Canon has officially lost a client.

einshatz
Apprentice

I have a MacPro Notebook (bought a year ago) and it has the SAME **bleep** problem.  Canon can care less about this issue and guess what?  It's on its way back and Canon has officially lost a client.

tahirwaheed
Apprentice
I had facing same issue with same error with my Canon LiDE 120. I loaded complete installation of Canon LiDE 110 from its original CD and got rid of this error 95%.
Tahir Waheed
Pakistan.
Announcements