cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon CS5600F Scanner Issue

JSmith1982
Apprentice

Greetings, 

I am having a problem with my scanner (Canon CS5600F Color Image Scanner (2925B002)). When i turn it on the light no longer moves the whole way down my scanner. It moves about 3 inches stops and then goes back. Pressing Scan does nothing. The program i use to scan opens but I can no longer access the scanning part. Is there any way to fix this or should I just replace it?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try scanning from the MP Navigator program on your computer.  What error occurs in the program when the scan fails?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

When i click the scan import button it looks busy for a second then does not open the window that allows me to scan. 

Basically the only thing that I can do is turn it on and off and get the scanning light to move a few inches. The buttons on the scanner now do nothing and I cannot access the scan import window from the navigator.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements