cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 8300F Scanner

Jollyroger1
Apprentice

Hello, I recently aquired this scanner from my brother. He purchased it with the intention of scannin over 1600 slides that our father had. He got through half and we decided I would do the last half of them. I brought the scanner home, plugged it in tried to install the disk, but I got a message saying there waas a newer version already installed. Unfortunately I am running Windows 10 on my computer and was wondering if this might be causing the issue. Any suggestions? My computer is recognizing the scanner, but I am not able to actually scan the slides. Thanks to anyone who might be able to help.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Are you using the CanoScan 8400F?  I was not able to locate a CanoScan 8300F model.

The 8400F is not compatible with Windows 10.  Drivers for this scanner are only available for Windows 7 and earlier.  Install the scanner on a computer with an earlier OS in order to scan your slides.

If additional assistance is needed with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry, you are correct. I thought I had seen somewhere that there was a work around for this. Unfortunately, both computers in my home run Windows 10.

Announcements