cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 25 driver for Windows 10

Taxciter
Apprentice

It appears that there is no Windows 10 driver for the CanoScan LiDE 25, possibly no Windows 8 driver either.

The Windows 7 driver and CanoScan software I have used for years will not work with Windows 10.

Why is there no Windows 10 driver? I think it would take very little work to code one.

Is it that Canon would prefer taking a chance that people will buy a Windows 10 compatible replacement scanner from them, and not another brand?

Has anyone at Canon evaluated costs and benefits for abandoning driver support for customers that have switched from Windows 7 to a later Windows version?

Does it bother anyone at Canon that perfectly good hardware may be sent to landfills, loyal customers will be lost, etc.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Taxciter
Apprentice

Today I found the solution.
I used the most recent driver from Canon, the Windows 7 driver, then followed this procedure:
[Removed link that promotes 3rd party product for sale per Forum Guidelines]

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Gino3589
Apprentice
I reinstalled the driver and application from the Canon support site under Windows 10 and it worked fine.

Gino3589 - This did not work for me. 
Canon support has already told me I'm SOL. The best they offered is a few dollars' discount on another scanner.

Taxciter
Apprentice

Today I found the solution.
I used the most recent driver from Canon, the Windows 7 driver, then followed this procedure:
[Removed link that promotes 3rd party product for sale per Forum Guidelines]

"followed this procedure" was edited out. Could you email me the procedure that worked for you? MisterR MisterR1000@gmail.com Thanks

Hi MisterR,

While the CanoScan LiDE 25 is not supported with Windows 10, you may be able to use the Windows 7 driver.  The Windows 7 driver is available for download from our web site.  Please follow these steps:

1.  Please click the following link:  https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/support-scanners-canoscan...

2.  Once that page loads, choose "Windows 7 x64" from the Operating System drop down box.

3.  Click the Select button next to "TWAIN Driver - LiDE 25 Scanner Driver Ver. 11.0.1.1a".

4.  Click the Download button.

5.  Once the download is complete, please open your downloads folder.

6.  Right click "lide25vst6411011aen.exe" and then left click on Run As Administrator.

Follow the on screen prompts to install the driver.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This process worked for me except that I had to choose "Vista x64" from the drop down, which then provided an option for the Twain 64-bit driver you mentioned.

Thanks! My old scanner still works... on Windows 11, too. Heh.

Sorry Mr. R., but I have moved on to another scanner brand and no longer have a link or any record of my solution.

Charlespeterga
Apprentice

Hi,
I have got a window 10 drivers problem in Canon 8800F Color Scanner when I thought wanted to update drivers from windows7 to windows 10 os at my canon scanner but I don't know how to do find windows 10 drivers for my cannon scanner7. I have a asked some of the persons they also said that they didn't the answer for that my friend has suggested me to download the on driver website which I will problem solve. I have downloaded the windows driver Now it is good working and better performance. If you download that windows driver then you will get better performance.
Thank you.

Announcements