cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 220 error message: cannot print because printer supported by software not installed

banoglyr
Apprentice

I have a CanoScan 220, newly installed, and an Epson Artisan 1430 that I've used for a while. How do I get scanned images to print on my printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The included IJ Scan Utility Software does feature a copying option which takes a freshly-scanned image and sends it directly to your printer. This feature, however, simply presents you with the printers you've already set up on your computer, and this list of printers should be the same as what you would find under the print option of any other app on your computer. If your printer is missing from the list, then your printer's manufacturer would need to resolve this with you.

Thanks again for posting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, banoglyr!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which printer model you're using and which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm running Windows 8. The printer is an Epson Artisan 1430.

Thanks for the additional information. Since we're Canon USA, we're only able to provide support for Canon products.

You may already be aware that printing scanned images consists of two simple but separate steps: 1, scanning the image, and 2, printing the image. Your CanoScan LiDE 220's role in all this is to send a scanned image to your computer where the scanning software will save it in a file. After that, you're free to use the file however you see fit, including printing it out.

If you're encountering problems specific to the scanning process, please let us know what specific trouble you're having.

As printing is independent of the scanner and since you're using a non-Canon printer, we recommend contacting the printer's manufacturer to make sure that your printer is working properly and that it is set up correctly on your computer. The images generated by our scanners use industry-standard non-proprietary formats that we would expect just about any printer to be able to work with.

We hope this helps!

So there is not a specific step for enabling the scanner and printer to communicate with each other?

The included IJ Scan Utility Software does feature a copying option which takes a freshly-scanned image and sends it directly to your printer. This feature, however, simply presents you with the printers you've already set up on your computer, and this list of printers should be the same as what you would find under the print option of any other app on your computer. If your printer is missing from the list, then your printer's manufacturer would need to resolve this with you.

Thanks again for posting!

Thank you. I am now using the copying option and it is working fine. I was adding an unnecessary step.

Announcements