cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 220 error > Cannot communicate with scanner Error 2, 156,182

sx00237
Apprentice

A month ago I bought a scanner the "Canon CanoScan LiDE 220" .
I get this scanner after a month of testing not stable / operational.

I keep getting the following error message :

canon.png

and also the error 2, 156, 182 Configuration: A. Mobo ASUS X99-A > with the latest Bios Level B. Windows 7 64-Bit C. When connected to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 does not matter. D. Scan Driver is the

http://www.canon.nl/support/consumer_products/products/scanners/lide_series/canoscan_lide_220.aspx CanoScan LiDE 220 Scanner Driver v. 1.01 (Windows 8.1 / 8.1 x64 / 8/8 x64 / 7/7 x64 / Vista / Vista64 / XP) File version: 1:01 Release date: April 24, 2015 E. Quick Menu v 2.5.0 (Windows 8.1 / 8.1 x64 / 8/8 x64 / 7/7 x64 / Vista / Vista64 / XP) File version: . 2.5.0 " is used.

Please help me, It's very frustrating when you buy new stuff and it all turns out not to work.

Regards,

Rob Blankestijn

30 REPLIES 30

mark0608
Apprentice

ME too.  Can't Canon fix this?

Hi Mark,

Mine is now working, But I did have to go through the process I outlined above.

Joyaa

Thanks.  I uninstalled the drivers.  Then reinstalled with the CD that came with the scanner.  Got a new error, "Code: 2, 156, 182".  It's only happened once when I tried to scan more than one sheet into the same file.  Funny thing is that the first time I installed the software/drivers, I said no to the feedback questionaire.  This time I said yes and it seems to be working.  I liked my old Canoscan LIDE much better.  That thing was the Energizer bunny.  To bad It would only work with 32-bit OS.  I'll likely stay away from Canon in the future.

Driver v1.02 is posted.

History:

[Ver.1.02]
- The scan error in the certain PC has been rectified.

Maybe this will fix the scanning errorfor good.

Sadly, following a Windows 10 upgrade to version 1709, this problem has returned, and seems more intransigent.

Hello,

I have the same problem with Windows 10 and num error 2,156,55!!
It's my second scan Lide220, because I thought it was my scanner didn't work and brought to the shop...

Should I bring back again??

Have you tried reinsatlling the software from the original disc?  (This seems to help a little...)

Hi,

Yes I did it, and I redo again reinstalling/installing !

New message error 2,156,182 😞

I have had the same problems. I replayced the power USB cable with faran and it worked again.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

@Somywrote:
Hello,

I have the same problem with Windows 10 and num error 2,156,55!!
It's my second scan Lide220, because I thought it was my scanner didn't work and brought to the shop...

Should I bring back again??

Somy,

The drivers will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled.  The software is attempting to access your old scanner.

Disconnect the USB cable from the scanner.  Then uninstall the IJ Scan Utility and CanoScan LIDE 220.  Once this has been done, visit www.usa.canon.com to download and reinstall the latest drivers.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements