cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LIDE 220 scanner problems

oldpics8
Apprentice

I just bought the Canon CanoScan LIDE 220 scanner and had tech help me with setting it up.

At first the scanner worked like a dream for copying many of my old photos, but now it

makes every scanned photo a PDF.

I am mostly scanning b&w pics and some colour ones as well.

I do not want them as PDF's and do not know how to change them back to a photo.

I am careful to push the right button " auto scan " and as far as I know I am doing everything right.

My 2nd call for tech help about this, well was not helpful at all.

Anyone with any ideas, suggestions etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

4 REPLIES 4

barryaprison
Apprentice

Using my MacBook Pro OS 10.13.6 with the CanoScan LiDE 220 running Canon quick menu 2.8.2 I cannot convert the 20 pages I scanned to become a pdf file. What should I do?

Barry

Hi Barry,

I recommend using IJ Scan Utility on your computer to scan multiple pages. This program will allow you to scan a document and then it will ask you if you need to scan more, you will put the next page down and select scan. Once all pages are scanned, you can press exit and it will save all the page as a PDF. Please click HERE for more information on scanning documents with IJ Scan Utility.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

If there's a multiple-pages-into-one-PDF feature in the Canon IJ Scan Utility, then please reveal where that is! I can't find it. It scans one page and creates one PDF. It scan the next page and creates another PDF.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi oldpics8,

Are you scanning directly from the scanner or using IJ Scan Utility? If you are scanning directly from the scanner, are you using Auto Scan so you can scan items by automatically detecting the item type and save them to a computer?

We look forward to your reply.

Announcements