cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 9950F Glitchy Images

anotherusername
Apprentice

Hi all!

Perhaps someone can help me. I bought a lightly used CanoScan 9950 a couple years ago, primarily because of the number of slides or negatives that it can scan at one time. At the time, I was mostly scanning 120 film, but have not used the scanner a whole lot for the last year or so, pretty much only doing occasional document scans.

I decided to start scanning my 35mm negatives yesterday and below was my preview. The outer two strips are fine, but the inner three strips are a glitchy mess. Canon, of course, won't provide any assistance beyond pointing me here, so perhaps someone else has experienced this and might have a solution. My operating system is Windows 10 (for which Canon provides no drivers) if that makes a difference, although I would assume that it doesn't since I didn't have this issue with my 120 film. My scanning software is the current VueScan (9.7.67).

Scans from the outer two stip holders are perfectly fine, but scans from the middle three look just like the preview (I tried, thinking that the glitch might only be in preview mode).

Canon8950Screenshot.jpg

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If there is no Canon driver for your scanners see if VueScan by Hamrick Software will work for you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements