09-22-2018 10:23 AM
Using a CanoScan 9000F Mark II scanner
Using the ScanGear driver software downloaded latest version.
I got the scanner today to scan 35mm and 120 film negatives.
My problem is that all negatives have faint purple stripes. The negatives are ok. I tried to scan a white sheet of paper and the stripes are visible as well.
I tried different ways of scanning, black and white, color, autoscan even the windows scan utility all with the same result.
I also cleaned the scanner.
Any ideas what causes this? Could this be a calibration problem? I checked the option to calibrate before everyscan. But doesn't help either.
Thanks in advance!
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-22-2018 10:34 AM
Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:
1. Turn the scanner off.
2. Disconnect the USB and power cables from the scanner.
3. Toggle the lock switch back and forth about a dozen times alternating.
4. Leave the switch in the unlocked position.
5. Reconnect the USB and power cables.
6. Turn the scanner on.
Once this has been done, try scanning to test the unit.
Please ensure that the unit is connected directly to one of the USB ports on your computer itself. Do not connect the scanner to any external monitors, keyboards, hubs or other extension devices.
If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.
11-30-2018 08:42 AM
Please perform a few calibrations. To perform calibrations, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Windows Start button, the Canon Utilities folder and then My Image Garden to open the program.
2. Click Scan in the menu on the left hand side.
3. Click Driver at the top of the right hand side.
4. Click on the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right hand corner.
5. Click on the Preferences button at the bottom.
6. On the Scanner tab, choose ON next to Execute at every scan.
Perform 3 or 4 scans.
Does the image quality improve?
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
12-12-2018 01:57 PM
I'm on a Mac (yes, that's also a possibility). Calibrate before every scan is on in the IJ utility, which I'm using. Doesn't make any difference.
Your link is only taking me to a standard page with drivers etc.
This is really p-ing me off; I would like a real answer.
12-14-2018 02:16 PM
Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance. You will have the option to speak to one of our phone or live chat agents.
Find more help at HERE. This will take you to the driver page but you will have to option to select "Chat" to chat with a live agent or you can dial the phone number on that page to speak with a phone agent.