cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 9000F Mark II installation

matthewfox
Apprentice

It's probably me... but I'm finding it a real pain to install the CanoScan 9000F Mark II. First of all I (accidentally?) installed an older version of Canon IJ Scan Utility. However, that had a button labelled "ScanGear". When I install Canon IJ Scan Utility2 (v 2.3.5), that button is replaced with "Driver" and I have limited options to scan.

I have also installed Canon IJ ScanGear Starter EX but when I load this, I get an error:

Cannot communicate with the scanner for these reasons:

- Scanner turned off

- USB cable is disconnected

- A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed

And it's driving me crazy!

I'm running macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi matthewfox,

The Canon IJ Scan Utility 2 that is installed should have "Driver" titled on the last scan button. Within that Driver option, you should have two tabs at the top stating Basic and Advanced giving you additional scanning options.

To resolve the scanning error messages that you are receiving I recommend downloading and installing the ICA Driver from the Canon website, click HERE to access that driver. Once the ICA driver has been installed onto your computer, open the program Image Capture. This is a Mac supported scanning program. In the upper left corner locate "Devices" and "Shared" by each of their titles, there should be a number, hopefully, 1. Hover over the number to ensure that the CanoScan 9000F Mark II is detected. With the scanner detected, perform a scan. In the event that the scanner is not detected. Restart the computer and scanner, attempt the scan again.

If I open Canon IJ Scan Utility 2 and click Driver I get this:

Attach 1.png

But if I choose Canon IJ Scan Utility I get all these options with the Basic and Advance tabs you mentioned

Attach 2.png

Surely I should have those advanced options in Canon IJ Scan Utility 2???

Announcements