cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 8800f for Win 10 driver

Racer6727
Apprentice

So, I've upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10, what a mistake!  Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!  Can't find anything or know where to put anything.  Anyhow, my CanoScan 8800f doesn't seem to like W10,  the software won't take off the disc.  it doesn't seem to capture the menu correctly and certainly doesn't capture the driver to make the scanner work.  Has anyone else experienced that?  I see some people have talked about a driver program called "CanoScan LiDE 25 driver for Windows 10"  has anyone tried that?  I did use a generic Win10 app that came with Win10 and it did make the scanner scan, but no menu, no reference to storage or anything!  Let me know!

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Racer6727,

You can try installing the Windows 7 driver form our web site to install your CanoScan 8800F on your Windows 10 computer.  Please note, this is not supported and would be done at your own risk.

Once the driver is installed, you can click on the Software tab to download and install the MP Navigator EX and Solution Menu.

Please use this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/support-scanners-canoscan...

Once on that page, please select "Windows 7 (x64)" from the Operating System drop down box to make the available downloads appear.

Click on the Select button to the right of "8800F Scanner Driver Ver. 13.0.5" and then the Download button to download the driver.  When the download is complete, please open your Downloads folder and run or open "8800fwin641305ej.exe" to begin the installation.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So I have the same problem--my Windows 10 won't even recognize my 8800f so that I can follow the directions you've given.  How do I fix this?  It's a $400 scanner that I use for EVERYTHING and I can't use it.  I'm very frustrated.  Can you help?

Have you considered a Windows 7 virtual machine.  I have not tried that with this scanner, but it solved a similar problem with a different piece of equipment.

It sounds like Canon has no plans for developing a driver for Windows 10.  CanoScan 8800f is a second (rather expensive) piece of equipment I purchased from Canon that Canon stopped supporting after few years.  Canon has good quality products, but I am not going to buy any more Canon products.

leomanuel
Apprentice

I have an old CanoScan 8800F which I had not used in years. And I have an older XPS-13 laptop with Windows 10.
I need to scan some negatives today, so I installed the Canon software from the original CD-ROM ("CanoScan 8800F Setup CD-ROM, U1.1, QH7-3372-01) while the scanner was not connected.
I told it to do a custom installation, and checked the box to install everything, which took about 10-15 minutes.
Then it told me to reboot, so I did.
After rebooting, I connected the USB cable to the scanner, and turned it on.
Then I used the "Solution Menu", selected "Scan/Import photos or documents", which popped up the "MP Navigator EX" dialog. Then I clicked on Photo-1, and scanned a photo, it just worked for me.

I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, OS Build 18363.1016.

oldgearhead
Apprentice

Racer, I'm glad I found someone else with a dislike for Windows 10. I have 2 HP computers one with Windows 7 and a newer one with 10. My old Windows 7 has my CanoScan 8800F attached which I love especially the capability for scanning old 35mm slides taken with my Canon camera. Now I need to get my Windows 10 set up for my scanner. I suspect I can't use my U1.1 driver CD. Correct?

Announcements