Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can I remove the numbers from my scans?

I have a Lido 220 and I'm scanning alot of items through scan gear. I save them to my computer with a name but it always adds a bunch of numbers at the end. They're not visible when I'm naming them so I can't erase them. Is there a way to get rid of them at the point of the first save? Thanks

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can I remove the numbers from my scans?

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

I'm not sure if this can be changed in ScanGear.

What numbers are you referringto?  On the pages themselves or on the filename?  The scanner is likely appending the filename with a date (example) scannedImage06102020.pdf.  It can probably be done, but not in the SG utility.  More information may help.   

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanGear/W/SFS/20.0/EN/SG/sg-933.html

It looks like the SG Utility only allows you to specify the temp save directory.

However, this might be something you are doing unintentinally?  Pictures of the issue might help.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi NancyP,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility.

Once open, please click the Settings button in the lower left corner.

In the menu on the left hand side, please click ScanGear.

Enter the file name of the image to be saved. When you save a file, the date and four digits are appended to the set file name in the "_20XX0101_0001" format.

When you select the Save to a subfolder with current date checkbox, the date and four digits are appended to the set file name.

For more information, please use this link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/LiDE%20220/1.1/EN/SU/su-114.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank You - Until it was mentioned I didn't realize that was the date, It was just some annoying numbers Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks - I didn't realize it was the date + just a bunch of numbers I didn't want there Smiley Happy