cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CD labels on MG6320

cjon
Contributor

I have a new MG 6320 to replace my trusty mx700 which died.  I thought the feature to do direct CD labeling would be a plus.  Instructions are to use the My IMage Garden software, and I soon discovered it is just about the worst software I have ever tried to use.  I want to do what I want to do, not what a piece of software thinks I should do.

So, is there a way to print directly on CD/DVD disks witout using My Garden?  Or am I blocked from using that feature on my printer by the lask of useful software.

One of the things I would like to do is print the set list for a music DVD.  I dont need any image, just 12 or 14 lines of text and the timings.  Seems to be simple enough, except that MIG thinks everybody wants cutsey photos of kittens with a label that says WOW!  Cute Cats!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

CJon

5 REPLIES 5

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi cjon,

You may be able to use third party software to print directly onto your CDs.  I'm unable to make an suggestions, however, since we have been unable to test the additional software.

With My Image Garden, you have several options for customizing your label.  You can remove or move images or text if you prefer.  For a more extensive guide on this software, please CLICK HERE.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

If I wanted to use something like MS Word and use a template that was designed for a label printer, like Avery's label templates for Word, how do I then tell the printer that I want to print directly on a CD/DVD?  The manual you suggest only talks about using My Image Garden, as does the user manual that came with the printer.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Avery templates in Word are usually meant for removable labels rather than an actual disk.  These labels are usually on sheets of letter sized paper that can be removed and manually applied to a disk. 

If you have Avery labels, please check the documentation that was included to see what recommended templates or settings should be used.

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, I understand that the Avery labels are on paper.  My question is, how can I print directly to a disk without using the My Image Garden or other disk labeling software?  Can I simply construct a template in Word and then print to the disk?  If so, how do I tell the printer to use the disk instead of paper?

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For additional assistance with this matter, please contact our support group by using the link below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Announcements