cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black lines on scanned images CANON 9080c SCANNER

lyanez23
Apprentice

Hello, 

I am running a 9080c scanner on windows 7. I have downloaded the latest firmware and updated software/drivers. I am getting two lines about 5cm wide and half an inch tall on the top and bottom of the right side. However, when I switch the page size from auto-detection to letter and switch the deskew by image and roller to disabled, the lines go away. I have thoroughly cleaned the glass surface, but don't think it's a glass issue since the lines do go away when tweaking the settings. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Difficult to diagnose a problem like this over the internet.  The machine is over 7 yrs old.  The lamp could be malfuctioning which you would not be able to see during operation.  The software changes mitagte the problem. 

Deskew should only correct text that is skewed or tilted.  If you leave it on, do the black lines still appear?   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

If i leave deskew on (by roller and image) the black lines still apear. It is odd because if i switch to another deskew setting, one of the lines will disspear. 

I found the only way I am able to scan without the black lines showing up is by disabling deskew and setting the paper size to letter instead of auto detection. I think it's definitely some sort of malfunction as the lines do dissapear under certain settings.

Thanks for your response.

Announcements